La-di-da - so what's going on with you?
Are you already working on losing those 20 pounds (hey, we had the first Monday of the New Year already:) - decluttering your house - getting rid of whatever or tougher yet - whoever - is holding you back or standing in your way to happiness - finally getting that degree - tackling that project - taking back control of your own life, maybe even getting a little selfish so you can fulfill yourself, instead of living someone else dream or concept of how you should live your life?
Heck, I don't even know where the year went and I'm still chewing on last year's goal. Been there, done all that with varying degrees of success.
I bet you have too. We don't really need a New Year to take a good look at our situation and say, shucks - this is not where I want to be or even who I am.
Still, sometimes the enthusiasm of a friend or the sudden determination we see in a good friend's eyes gives us that little push we need to re-evaluate our lives and say to ourselves, "I could do that". The next thing we know we start making plans for change.
Richard is one of those people who hates change, while I thrive on it, so it's probably easier for me, but even laid back and pragmatic people know when it's time for a change.
My gather friends know that I am always planning something which is probably the reason I'm never ever bored to the contrary lately I might even get overwhelmed on occasion.
For 2011 I have no "Change the World" plans, although World Peace would be nice:), but I am re-evaluating mind-body and soul, some new plans will include Richard's participation, so I'm sure there will be compromises and revisions along the way.
Here's a little card I made just for you.
Greetings from Clearwater Beach in Florida!
Photo © Rose Hill
So here is a look at my list for 2011:
- I have to have a creative outlet to be happy so I will continue with my photography business, because it gives me great joy.
- Add one website - drop websites that didn't work out for me - post a minimum of once a week. Dedicate time to my facebook fan page, which isn't yet off the ground. Develop a detailed strategy to attract traffic to my fan page, featuring other artists and doing contests and writing interesting articles while keeping my work out there for people to see.
- Get more involved in the many local photography opportunities. Participate a lot more in the local photo clubs and exhibitions - I'm taking part in two local shows this month, dropping off one of my digital art pieces to be entered in a local show today.
- Find local venues to sell my art and exchange more with other artists.
- Improve my photography skills - I just signed up for an HDR class, but I still have so much I need and want to learn about photography. Hone my style:)
- Find more ways to make money with my photography skills. I won a product design competition with one of my art pieces in 2010, but didn't take it to the next level. Nevertheless it was a good experience, but I want to make money with my photography in 2011 - designing products is a fantastic way to do that and I know my design background really helps me stand out - so somebody kick me:).
- I have decided to experiment with multi-media works and I will get more into digital imagery and HDR, playing with my images is the best!
I'm not really motivated to exercise right now, but
- I will sign up for all the Monday and other Morning Photo Walks of one of my photo clubs - sort of a mix of walking in the many parks in our area, improving my photo skills and connecting with other photographers.
- I will get all those tests, check-ups and dental and vision and address every one of my health concerns in 2011. I plan to make my health a priority and see every doctor in town to get it all done if need be.
there is always another project around the corner, I won't bore you with all the details, except to say it will involve a big new garden shed, new landscaping and a sprinkler installation in the garden, a kitchen renovation and new flooring throughout the house and if I'm not completely exhausted from all that, perhaps the addition to expand the bath and the study we've talked about for years, we shall see.
I plan to travel to Germany to see friends and family this year and hopefully I will manage to talk Richard into a mini trip to Savannah or San Antonio or Seattle or somewhere, anywhere. Definitely to the Botanical Garden near Miami. If he doesn't want to do the Botanical Garden I plan to go anyway - I'm tired of waiting for him, I've been wanting for years to have another excursion to Fairchild Gardens, I know Richard would love it too.
Maybe this my own mini case of letting someone else stand in your way:) - so I guess I better make it happen myself. In the big scheme of things it's not really important, but I really, really want to go back and I can drive there in 5 hours. I think I'll just start making plans to go, this will make a lovely birthday present for me this January:)
Guess I just settled this one:) If I stay overnight, maybe I could even meet up with frugal Mom in Miami from gather, she's not too far away.
- I will get or remain involved with three of the causes I believe in. I vow to give my time and some of my money to help make someone else's life better.
- I want to study some spiritual books I acquired - it's time I sat down with them.
- I will set aside time for a bit of introspective navel gazing. It's been a while since I had a good look at myself as a person. I could use some time alone for reflection, time for a bit of self-improvement.
So tell me,
how goes it with your life and
plans for 2011?
Oh and I'm so excited about starting my first ever photography group here on gather. It will be called - COOL PIX of the week - . I really hope you'll join and hang out with all of us photography buffs to see the cool pix, creative themes and .....
Details on my new photo group COOL PIX of the week
look for my post!