I have had quite a few people message and comment asking for my chicken pot pie recipe, so I figured i'ts about time I posted it for you guys!
Now, I usually never measure things out, so I'm going to do my best to approximate what I use haha
Here's what you need:
2 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1/4 cup chopped white onion
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 1/2 can's cream of chicken soup
and 1 can Pillsbury biscuit rolls
(of course if it seems like you need a little more or less or something go ahead and make the change, that how I come up with my dinners/recipes!)
1)Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Then in a large skillet, begin to cook the cubed chicken and onions.
2) after the chicken is FULLY cooked and the onions seem "browned" a little, add in the mixed veggies to the skillet with the 1 1/2 cans of cream of chicken soup. Set heat on medium and let the mix begin to cook together. I also add rotisserie chicken spice, salt, pepper and a pinch of basil to taste in the mix.
3) while the mix is cooking, I always use round aluminum (disposable) baking pans (usually like $3 for 4 tins at Walmart I believe,) grease the pans all the way around to prevent sticking and set aside.
4) Next pop the can of pillsbury biscuits and begin to flatten out the dough. You're going to need 2 biscuits per dish. Place a flattened out biscuit in the bottom of the tins (only one at the bottom.)
5) by now the mix should be pretty well cooked. Just be sure it is, mix a little over the stove, taste test, etc. If it's ready, great! If not, let it keep cooking a bit.
6) when the mix is fully cooked, scoop probably 2 scoops per tin (depending on the size you purchased.) Then take another flattened biscuit and place onto of the mix.
7) after all your tins are full and you have them covered with the flattened biscuits, I usually sprinkle a little rotisserie chicken spice and basil on top, makes for a yummy crust!!
8) pop the chicken pot pies in the over (set at 375) and let cook for .... 30-40 minutes. Just keep an eye on them and make sure the tops are a nice golden brown before taking them out.
9) and then of course, the final step.... EAT!!!
I hope this recipe works out for you guys. Like I said, I'm weird and don't usually use recipes, and just "cook as I go!" Let me know if you do try this recipe and how it comes out!!!