This is a wonderful recipe, we make this every year at our family functions, I think you will enjoy this wonderful dessert, it's even better with ice cream!!! Just bake, cut, add ice cream and enjoy!
6 cups fresh or frozen peach slices, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup unbleached flour
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup unbleached flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup rolled oatmeal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 ounces (1 stick) butter, cold, cut in 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9" X 9" glass baking pan or 2 quart stoneware baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss peeled and pitted ripe peach slices with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 flour and lemon juice and arrange in prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, oatmeal and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until blended.
- With the food processor running, add cold butter a few pieces at a time. Pulse until the butter is incorporated and looks like coarse meal.
- Spread topping ingredients evenly over the peaches and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until peaches are bubbling through and the topping is starting to brown. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes or more before serving.
- Serve warm with Sweetened Whipped Cream or your choice of ice cream!
- Refrigerate any leftovers if there are any left!
- Serves 6.